Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween! The Goates clan had a great time....We had pizza at a friends house and then the kids went trick-or-treating with the dads while us moms held down the fort at home.
Livi just recently started walking so it was really cute to watch her waddling around in her big princess dress. I was surprised that Lauren didn't want to be a princess, but she chose to be a pink power ranger. I think the fact that her cool big brother was a red power ranger might have had something to do with it! :-)
Lauren was in a halloween play at her preschool as the pink power ranger. She did a great job! All the kids had a few lines to memorize (very short ones). When we were watching the play most of the other kids either didn't know their lines or didn't say them so that people could hear- but when our drama queen got up there she belted out her lines- I was so proud! Her teacher later said that Lauren not only knew her lines, she was telling some of the other kids what their lines were!
As for me, I had a big event last night-- MY FIRST PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCE!! I was so excited! I sat down grinning from ear to ear and told Josh's teacher that this was my "first time and I am so excited" She got a kick out of that and jokingly asked me if I wanted to take a picture or something. Paul is in California right now and was so sad to miss it. But, I gave him and exhaustive play by play over the phone and I think that made him feel better :-)
I had a nice talk with her. She showed me Josh's writing journals and it was really fun to get a glimpse into his world. For a while all his writings were about skeletons and ghosts, then it was soccer games, now its sleepovers with his buddies. He loves to write and uses his punctuation marks and everything. Miss Jackson told me that he was the first one in his class to incorporate quotation marks in his writing- not bad for a kindergartener! She said that he is especially advanced in math and she thinks he will always excel in science- he is always asking how things work and really enjoys that part of the day. So, it went really well and I am so proud of Josh!
Well, have to get Lauren to gymnastics now. I will have some fun pictures after this Saturday because we are having a princess party for Lauren's 4th birthday.....
3 comments:
Yea, new pictures! I have the most adorable nieces and nephew ever!
I love Livi's princess costume and the power rangers are so cute...I mean, tough looking. I loved the parent-teacher conference comments. I can't wait for my first time next year!
Kimmy, Lauren is all you. Especially that picture of just her in her pink power ranger costume in front of the couch. That's you!! Cute!! Oh yeah, and Paul: you look very nice in that pink princess costume :)
Post a Comment