Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

We had a nice Valentines Day this year! The kids had been begging me (not exactly sure why) for cupcakes lately and for one reason or another they hadn't had one for awhile. I knew that they would be getting plenty of candy at school so I got little heart plates and put a cupcake on each one for them to wake up to. I think they were more excited about these than all of their Christmas presents! It was so fun to see them so excited. I have such fond memories of my Mom leaving little treats out on Valentines morning and I really want my kids to have that too- I hope I can do as good a job as she did!! I gave Paul a mug filled with a big bag of all green M&M's that I thought was so funny and a gift card. Paul made each of us the funnest most creative cards I have ever seen. And for all of you who know Paul, out-doing himself is quite a feat! He made them at the office with post-its, red file folders and heart shaped velcro- among other things. I am realizing that I should have pictures of them on this blog- you will all get such a kick out of them. Thank you for making us all feel so special Sweetie- I Love You!


When Livi saw her cupcake, she opened her mouth and made a fun squeal- I made her do it again so I could get a picture :-)


Lauren had such a cute Valentines party at her preschool. They made these cute hats (the boys had Valentines top hats) and did a little performance for a bunch of teary, grinning parents lovingly looking on :-) It was the cutest little song about love related to all the letters of the alphabet and when it was over, each kid ran to their Mom with a tulip that they had been hiding behind their back- so cute!



Josh had a fun party with parents at his class too. It was so fun to see him interact with the little girl he has a crush on- her name is Baylee. But, unfortunately, she has eyes for the other little boy at their table- Raul. Josh is undeterred however and still tells us that he wants to sing the "song from High School Musical with her". It is the one at the end where they sing together holding hands and looking longingly in eachother's eyes. He makes me play it over and over again in the car- I know he is picturing the two of them every time! :-) By the way, Josh just lost his seventh tooth since school started- he is growing up too fast!



This is Josh's teacher Miss Jackson- she is a wonderful teacher. Josh is having a blast this year and has learned so much.


I just had to include this one. I bought some sponge curlers a while ago and hadn't gotten around to trying them out on Lauren yet when she BEGGED me to put them in her hair. I was pleasantly surprised how well they worked, Lauren's hair is as straight as a rod and previous heat attempts to curl had only made a slight wave. Anyway, she was so proud of her curls I just had to take a picture.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Soooooooooo cute! I loved all the valentines and Lauren's beautiful curls. Your children are so cute! What a fun day! BTW...I think my kids thought V-day was about as great as Christmas too!

Emily said...

What a fun Valentine's Day! You need to post Paul's creative cards- I just can't even imagine what could possibly qualify as "Paul outdoing himself" ;)And a bag of green M&M's... soo typical. I love it! xoxo- Auntie Em

tracy said...

So fun to be in the SAME CITY during a holiday! To think I got to see those Paul valentine originals in person. And just let me tell everyone: they are so cute. So Paul--and so much better than Hallmark! I am so happy that I am here with you guys. Looking forward to the next holiday!

The Prestons said...

I love you guys so much! Paul's cards, Josh and his little song, Lauren's beautiful curls, Livi's excitement and you are the best mom ever!!

tracy said...

Oh yeah, I just wanted to add: I love that pic of Livi and her beloved cupcake. I really think that's how we all feel when someone gives us a cupcake. I know I do. I guess we just learn with age to keep the squealing internal. ya know, I think I'm just gonna go ahead and squeal outloud next time. Kay, someone give me a cupcake!!

Katie said...

You guys are just so STINKIN cute. It doesn't seem like its been that long since we have seen you guys. But I know it has been because I can't believe how much your kids have changed!! Josh and Lauren look so grown up. Livi is getting so big too. Crazy.
We miss you guys and wish we were coming out in April, when you guys are going out to Utah. My parents are actually coming here.
Glad you have a blog so we can see your kids more.
Love you guys
Katie